From the charms of Morocco in the north to extraordinary South Africa, with fascinating countries in between, this is a spellbinding continent, and the most in need of your help.
Our Favorite Places in Africa
Some of our scenic African favorites are the Victoria Falls in Zambia, the Sossusvlei sand dunes in Namibia, the Sahara desert of Morocco, the beaches of Mozambique, South Africa’s Cape Town and Garden Route, and Tanzania’s Kilimanjaro, visible also from Kenya.
Of course Africa is home to the finest wildlife encounters, with “Big 5” safari in Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, and Namibia, gorilla trekking in Rwanda, as well as decent game viewing in Mozambique and Malawi.
Ways You Can Make a Difference in Africa
You can combine your choice of sights with making a positive impact, including:
- Renovating a day care center in South Africa;
- Conserving desert elephants in Namibia;
- Building a home for a widow and her children in Zambia;
- Renovating homes in Morocco;
- Teaching English in Rwanda;
- Building playgrounds in Mozambique; and
- Constructing classrooms in Kenya
In terms of eco-luxury accommodation, Africa has some wonderful properties, such as Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge and Vineyard Resort in South Africa, Tongabezi Lodge in Zambia, Nyungwe Lodge in Rwanda, Fellah Hotel in Morocco, and Basecamp in Kenya.